Thursday, September 15, 2011

A long day to get to Locarno, Switzerland

I began the day at 4:30 A.M in Krakow. After checking out of the hotel I drove the rental car unto the street only to see that the city was completely covered in a heavy fog.  Somehow I managed to drive 15 kilometers to KRK airport.   Upon arrival I was told that my flight was delayed due to the heavy fog, DOH!   At 9:30 A.M. the plane finally left for Munich.  When I arrived in Munich it was announced that my next flight was also delayed. Doh!  I finally arrived in Milan at 1:00 P.M. and rented an Alfa Romero for the first time in my life.  Let me say this car is overrated and would drive anything else over it.  After 1.5 hours of driving I arrived to Locarno, Switzerland where GE Digital Energy has a plant.  I'm amazed there is a plant in this town as most people come here to vacation.   I'm not complaining but wish the I had more time to explore.  Tomorrow will be another long day.

Hanging out in Munich at the Lufthansa lounge

Officially the worst airline food ever...the smell was awful


Landing in Milan

View from my room at the Hotel Belvedere....Bet I know what your thinking...click here

Here is a video of the view from my room...amazing

View from the outside of the hotel

Another view of the hotel

Eating all alone once again...worst part of traveling on business

Though I'm finally getting a great meal

One of many places to eat in Locarno

Gelato for dessert...so good.

One of the many great squares in Locarno 

Walking the streets of Locarno...great way to unwind the day

No comments:

Post a Comment