Friday, September 23, 2011

Bonham, Texas

This week I visited with Jill, GE H.R., and Brian. GE Plant Director, the Digital Energy Bonham facility.   Bonham, Texas is the city where this plant is located.   I had no idea the GE had a plant in such a remote city.   I visited with key people at the plant to look for ways to improve inventory turns, lead-times and forecasting.   I now have a clear picture of what needs to be done short-term and long-term to improve the business.   I'm now going to build a business case to support the changes and then let the fun begin.

Outside the facility

Leaving the plant

Hotel where we stayed in Allen, Texas


This is one of our vendors, it was interesting to BE the customer for once

Brian checking in with the Chicago plant

No comments:

Post a Comment