Saturday, August 13, 2011

Colorado Scottish Festival

Today Valentina and I went to the Colorado Scottish Festival.   It was cool to see a festival that had non-stop activities.  Valentina and I were throughly entertained. We got to meet several members from different Scottish Clans.  I would say there were about 30 Clans and not represented was the Barr Clan.   Which leads me to wonder if there is even a Barr Clan?   I'm supposed to be part of this Clan since my great-great grandfather immigrated to Peru from Scotland.  His name was John Barr.  Oh well, maybe there will be a Barr Clan at the next Scottish Festival.  It was a very hot day and am glad to be back in my air conditioned home.

Entering the Scottish Festival

Watching one of the many challenges during the Highland Games

The was one of the many dancing routines we saw at the Festival 

Valentina walking the Festival grounds

One of the many sword battles we saw 

Dogs were all abound at the Festival

Valentina enjoying the band 

New beer I've never tasted-it was quite good

Valentina getting underneath the table to play with some new friends

Valentina trying to convince me to take a new pet home

Valentina making an offering with her Dora the Explorer doll

Valentina really wants a dog

Valentina eating a Scottish Scone and getting her Clan stamps

Valentina enjoying some bagpipe music


No comments:

Post a Comment