Monday, July 2, 2012

Last weekend in June

Friday was a landmark day for me as I finished by first assignment in the CLS program.   I gave an overview of changes to Brian Werner and Jason Hoyng on the 66B production line.  Afterwards we all went to eat at Nana's and had a great discussion on GE, the plant and an array of other topics.   We then returned to the plant and I collected my things.   This was a bittersweet moment as I was ready to leave but sad to say goodbye to some great co-workers.   This is the first of 2 operational assignments.   It was an eye opening experience and am leaving a better professional.

Tanya picked me up and we went to her doctor's visit.  Afterwards we ate at Chipolte and drove through Tanya's favorite Chicago street, Michigan Avenue, on our way home.   Upon arriving we went to the park near our house so some potential renters could see our place.

On Saturday we visited the Field Museum to stay cool from the glaring sun.   This place will be sorely missed by our family.   Afterwards we returned to our house so Tanya could prepare the meal we were going to have with the Simingtons.   This family have been great neighbors and friends.   I know we will greatly miss them when we leave Chicago.   Tanya cooked some steak tacos, pasta soup and the Simington's brought the dessert. 

Sunday we went to the Gold Coast art festival.   This festival was held at Grant Park and exceeded all of my expectations.   It was laid out really well and the art was amazing.   I ended up purchasing a photo of the Chicago night skyline and a magnet of Uptown, our neighborhood.   This photo will be something I put on my desk as the city GE has brought me 2 times now to live in.   It is an amazing place to experience.   I then stopped by for some Edwardo's pizza before sitting down to watch the Eurocup finale.   Spain won the match by an amazing score of 4-0 over Italy.  

This week is the 4th of July.  Tanya and I will begin the process of eliminating clothes and other items no longer needed.   We have being doing this on every move.   This will something that I hope become an annual process for us. 

Colene saying goodbye

Inwhan and I

Reading the card given to me by co-workers




















No comments:

Post a Comment